Write to the UK Government

For UK residents/citizens:

We encourage you to write to your MP and express your opposition to the cuts to Kew’s funding. This sort of pressure really does make a difference.  You can find your MP on the Parliament web site at http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/ – both postal and email details are available.

A new UK Parliamentary Early Day Motion (EDM) has been tabled to draw Parliament’s attention to the issue – please encourage your MP to support Early Day Motion 117.

You can see who signed the last EDM here: http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2013-14/1282.

A number of supportive MPs have already written to Ministers to express their concerns. Even if your MP is already supporting the campaign, it helps to let them know that you approve of their actions.

For non-UK supporters:

If you are outside the UK you can also bring pressure on the UK Government via the British Embassy or High Commission for your country and via the British Council and by writing directly to Members of Parliament as above.

Please type your country name into the search box on https://www.gov.uk/government/world and follow the links to find appropriate contact details, also try: www.britishcouncil.org/ and www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/uk-science-and-innovation-network. Please express your concern, giving examples of how the cuts at Kew could have a damaging effect on your local research, education and conservation projects.

Suggested text for your letter to MPs

Globally important conservation and science are under threat at RBG Kew due to government cuts

%d bloggers like this: